The Mitsubishi Power Group regards environmental protection as one of the most important topics in its corporate management, constantly seeking to create a future suitable for mankind as well as for the planet, by developing innovative power generation technologies as environmentally friendly solutions enabling the decarbonization of energy, and thereby substantially reducing the burden on the environment in all aspects of our business.
To achieve this Basic Policy, The Mitsubishi Power Group will:
(1) Establish and operate an Environmental Management System applicable to design, engineering, procurement, manufacturing, project operation, in field work and all other related activities aimed at promoting sustainable, environmentally-friendly business;
(2) Abide by environmental laws, statuary regulations and other external and internal requirements applicable to all environmental aspects within business activities;
(3) Provide products and plants that reduce environmental load through design activities that contribute to the saving of natural resources, conservation of energy, reduction of waste and prevention of pollution from a life cycle point of view;
(4) Define environmental objectives and review them so as to enhance environmental performance and to improve Environmental Management System continually;
(5) Establish an environmental management organization with clear responsibilities and functions under an Environmental Management Committee, to ensure implementation of the intended goals to achieve;
(6) Conduct environmental training for its personnel and personnel of associated companies to ensure understanding of the Environmental Policy and increased environmental awareness;
(7) Make the Environmental Policy available to all interested parties and members of the public at any given time.
Sep 1, 2020