Mitsubishi Power Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. (hereinafter “MP-AP”) recognizes that all Personal Data managed and used in its business activities must be handled and protected with the utmost care and in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore (the "Act") and all other applicable laws. Therefore, MP-AP will follow the basic policy stated below.
- MP-AP will not acquire any Personal Data through false or other improper means.
- MP-AP will use Personal Data only to the extent and for the purposes specified, which will be announced or noticed to the persons to whom the information pertains.
- MP-AP will endeavor to keep such Personal Data accurate and up-to-date.
- MP-AP will take necessary and appropriate measures to maintain the security of such Personal Data.
- MP-AP will furnish its employees and contractors handling such Personal Data with the necessary and appropriate guidance and supervision.
- MP-AP will not provide Personal Data to any third party without the consent of the person involved.
- If MP-AP receives an inquiry from a person about the use or content of Personal Data related to that person, it will provide a reasonable response.
- If MP-AP receives any complaints regarding the handling of Personal Data, it will resolve such complaints in a prompt and appropriate manner.
- MP-AP will establish rules and management systems for proper handling and protection of Personal Data and will thoroughly adhere to them.
- MP-AP will engage in a strong effort to further enhance Personal Data protection systems by regularly reviewing and updating all rules and procedures regarding the handling of Personal Data, including this policy.
- MP-AP will comply with all applicable Singapore laws and regulations regarding the handling of Personal Data.
Established: February 1, 2014
Mitsubishi Power Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.
Akihiro Ondo, Managing Director & CEO
For information regarding the business purposes, the practical handling method of Personal Data by MP-AP, refer to the following:
1. Use of Personal Data
MP-AP will acquire and use Personal Data only as needed for its business performance according to its business purposes (and any other purposes as stated under the Act). (See the Section 6.). The business purposes of Personal Data are:
- To make applications for transactions between MP-AP and its customers and other parties concerned with its businesses; obtain confirmation regarding customers and other parties concerned; review and assess such transactions; execute and manage agreements; and conduct termination and other proceedings following termination of agreements with customers and contractors.
- To issue notices regarding improvement of MP-AP products and services and of associated products and services, and respond to customer inquiries regarding such products and services.
- To respond to inquiries about the products and services provided by parties having business relations with MP-AP
- To allow its shareholders to perform their rights and to perform obligations to its shareholders in accordance with the Companies Act; facilitate the implementation of various policies to ensure efficient communications with its shareholders; create data under certain standards in accordance with applicable laws and regulations; and other measures to facilitate the mutual understanding between MP-AP and its shareholders.
- To confirm applications for and participation in various exhibitions and seminars, communicate with lecturers, and report on the results of studies and events to the persons involved, and also to provide visitors with access to MP-AP's facilities.
- To make contact with the members of any organizations in which MP-AP is a member, and issue various notices from MP-AP according to the purposes of activity of such organizations.
- To send publications issued by MP-AP to persons who request them, and to distribute e-mails to the applicants for the MP-AP electronic mailing service.
- To communicate and enter into joint contracts with various research institutes based on MP-AP's R&D activities, to which the paragraph (1) above shall apply accordingly; participate in academic societies; make recommendations for prizes awarded by academic societies; and make and manage joint patent applications.
- To communicate with journalists and analysts in publicity activities.
- To receive applications for employment, communicate with and issue the notification of employment to the applicants, and other issues concerning recruitment activities.
- To communicate and conduct transactions with public accountants, attorneys and patent attorneys concerned with the business activities of MP-AP.
- To communicate with the officers, directors, employees or any related persons in the subsidiaries and affiliates of MP-AP in the course of performance of business activities other than those as stated above.
- To issue notices to MP-AP's retired employees and to communicate with the families of MP-AP's employees.
- To exchange necessary information between MP-AP and its cooperative, non-regular, temporary, part-time and student workers in execution of contracts with them and performance of their works.
- To receive Personal Data provided for any order-based works and to complete such works within MP-AP's scope of business.
- To issue useful notices incidental to the above purposes of use from MP-AP and its group companies.
MP-AP may provide Personal Data to a third party with the approval of each respective individual, consign the handling of Personal Data, or share Personal Data with a MP-AP group company to the extent that such Personal Data is required for the business purposes as stated above.
If any Personal Data is acquired or used for any other business purposes than those described above, a notice or announcement will be issued separately.
2. Possession of Personal Data
MP-AP possesses and will possess Personal Data including names, addresses, telephone numbers, FAX numbers, e-mail addresses, gender, ages, memberships.
MP-AP does not acquire and possess any Personal Data that is not required for business purposes.
3. Personal Data Management
MP-AP will take necessary and appropriate measures to ensure the security of the Personal Data possessed by it and endeavor to maintain the contents of such Personal Data as accurate and up-to-date to the extent necessary for business purposes.
Personal Data which is no longer necessary for business purposes will be disposed of promptly in an appropriate method.
4. Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties
MP-AP will not provide the Personal Data of any person to any third party without such person's approval, except the following cases:
- The provision of the Personal Data will be suspended upon the individual's request and the matters stipulated for this provision in the Personal Data Protection Act are noticed or easily known to such person;
- The work of handling Personal Data is entrusted, in whole or in part, to any third party to the extent necessary for MP-AP's business purposes.
*provided that a confidentiality agreement shall be entered into by and between MP-AP and such entrusted company and that MP-AP will provide necessary and appropriate supervision of such entrusted company;
- That MP-AP will disclose the Personal Data of any specific person with any of its group companies to the extent necessary for business purposes.
*provided that such disclosure, the nature of the disclosed Personal Data, the purposes of such disclosure, the name of the responsible party for the management of such Personal Data shall be noticed or easily known to the person whose Personal Data has been disclosed; and
- Such disclosure of Personal Data to any third party is otherwise authorized under any applicable law or regulation.
5. Contact for Personal Data
For information regarding the specific business purposes, the disclosure, correction and suspension of use of the contents of Personal Data (hereinafter "inquiries about Personal Data"), contact the respective departments of MP-AP to which such Personal Data was provided. (To make inquiries about Personal Data, it is necessary to submit a completed request form including a valid form of identification. Request forms will be sent from MP-AP on request.)
In the event the department to which the Personal Data was provided is unknown, or for any inquiry for general information on the process of handling Personal Data, contact:
Data Protection Officer
Mitsubishi Power Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.
150 Beach Road #33-03/04 Gateway West Singapore 189720
Email: [email protected]
For contacts about Personal Data to MP-AP's other locations, refer to this:
6. MP-AP Business
- Manufacture, installation, sale and repair of turbines, boilers, internal combustion engines, hydraulic turbines, nuclear equipment and other power systems;
- Lease, engineering and technical assistance in those items mentioned in the foregoing sub-paragraphs and manufacture and sale of parts thereof;
- Supply of electricity and heat;
- All business incidental or relating to those items mentioned in the foregoing sub-paragraphs.
How to Handle Personal Data on the Website
(1) Security in Obtaining Personal Data
In obtaining the Personal Data of an MP-AP customer from the Website, MP-AP uses the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and other encrypting means to protect the Personal Data inputted through a communications link. The SSL is a general technology used for security of communications on Webnet, which can encrypt the input data before it is transmitted to Internet and prevent the input data from being intercepted or tapped. If you use any browser that is not compatible with the SSL, you could not access to this page from the intranet of your company due to the settings of Firewall or any other software.
(2) Collection of Browsing History
The Website may use the technology such as access logs or Cookie to acquire your browsing history for your more convenience of use of the Website. The collected historical information is used only for the purposes of higher convenience of use, monitoring the use conditions of the Website and statistic use such as sum-up and analysis for service planning and better service.
Access logs include records of user IP addresses and part of the operating environment, but they cannot identify users. You can reject to receive Cookie or indicate a warning when you receive Cookie by setting the browser accordingly. If you reject to receive Cookie, you can use the MP-AP Website, but not a part of service.
MP-AP cannot and does not have any responsibility for maintaining the security of your Personal Data on any other Website linked with the MP-AP Website. If you have any query or inquiry regarding the handling of Personal Data, make direct access to each relevant Website.