A suite of intelligent solutions, “TOMONI™”
TOGETHER. SMARTER. POWERFUL.
Mitsubishi Power is leading the development of the smart power plant of the future with TOMONI, a suite of intelligent solutions enabled by decades of O&M and plant knowledge. Our solutions use advanced analytics and are driven by customer collaboration to deliver powerful financial and environmental advantages.
TOGETHER: TOMONI IS DRIVEN BY COLLABORATION.
- TOMONI, a Japanese word meaning “together with,” reflects the emphasis Mitsubishi Power places on collaborating with customers to solve their unique challenges. Mitsubishi Power works together with customers, partners and society to deploy solutions that support the decarbonization of energy and deliver reliable power everywhere.
- Mitsubishi Power knows that every power plant is different with different goals and collaborates with power generators to help them choose the intelligent, digital solutions that support their specific business needs.
- TOMONI brings together industry-leading Mitsubishi Power engineers with best-in-class technologies from leading software and platform partners, such as Microsoft's Azure Cloud, OSI Soft's PI System and others.
SMARTER: LEADING DEVELOPMENT OF
THE SMARTER POWER PLANT OF THE FUTURE.
- As a technology pioneer, Mitsubishi Power has decades of experience in applying remote monitoring, advanced digital control systems and predictive analytics to provide truly intelligent solutions that support better decision-making. Mitsubishi Power's TOMONI intelligent solutions leverages advanced analytics, adaptive control technology, artificial intelligence and machine learning to make power plants smarter -- lowering emissions, increasing flexibility and supporting decarbonization by helping the grid deliver more reliable power from renewable energy sources.
- Mitsubishi Power is the only OEM validating new smart products at our own grid-connected, commercially-dispatched power plant before we deploy them with a customer. The new T-Point 2 is the smartest power plant in the world with technology building blocks moving us closer to autonomous operation.
- We build on the world-class cybersecurity of our software and platform partners, deploying the latest upgrades of our DIASYS Netmation control system for the highest level of cybersecurity, giving you confidence in your smart power plant.
POWERFUL: TOMONI PROVIDES MEASURABLE BUSINESS IMPROVEMENTS.
- Power plants all over the world have documented the power of TOMONI, using deep insights to unlock substantial cost savings, environmental benefits and income enhancement from the implementation of intelligent digital solutions. Tomorrow's smarter power plants will be more intelligent, self-healing and fault tolerant to deliver superior return to their owners.
- TOMONI enables early and more rapid response to developing issues; increased flexibility and availability; automated optimization of key parameters such as combustion dynamics and part load heat rate; and shifts to condition-based maintenance. Utilizing the power of AI, TOMONI goes beyond what is humanly possible, analyzing all of the data collected by today's power plants to create powerful actionable insights.
- TOMONI provides the flexibility to increase remote O&M support capabilities, reducing the need for a fully staffed, experienced on-site workforce. Automation and remote access to expert technical support for the entire plant solves issues ranging from the diminishing skilled workforce to the challenge of managing plants during a crisis that may affect the availability of on-site staff.
Features of TOMONI
- TOMONI is composed of three solution categories: O&M Optimization, Performance Improvement, and Flexible Operation based on Data Foundation & Enablers. The combination of these categories allows us to deliver optimal solutions.
- From utility to industry power plant, TOMONI is applicable to a wide variety of power plants.
- TOMONI is able to customize for a variety systems such as cloud and edge computing as well as customer's existing platforms.
Combining the latest AI technology with Mitsubishi Power's OEM knowledge of power generation equipment has enabled us to achieve optimal operations that meet the needs of our customers.
TOMONI systems can be customized to work with user's existing platform to provide benefits of O&M Optimization, Performance Improvement and Flexible Operation.
Data Foundation & Enablers
TOMONI intelligent solutions provide a customized range of platforms and upgrades to provide exactly the right data management and control system capabilities needed to achieve your digitalization objectives.
From cybersecurity and digitalization assistance to control system upgrades, enabling platforms and remote monitoring and diagnostics, TOMONI provides the foundation and enablers needed to make your plant smarter.
TOMONI intelligent solutions leverage decades of O&M experience to provide asset-management solutions that directly improve your power plant's operation and maintenance, increasing plant effectiveness and productivity.
Remote Monitoring Centers around the world provide expert recommendations, which can help you make smarter, more informed decisions. The result is more effective maintenance planning and improved total plant reliability and uptime.
TOMONI intelligent solutions organizes complex data for practical use to improve the performance of power plants.
As the energy industry transitions to increasingly competitive wholesale power markets, improved dispatchability is pivotal to plant performance. These total plant solutions help increase your plant's output and efficiency, which benefits your business and boosts your profits.
TOMONI intelligent solutions uses AI simulation technology that responds quickly to changes in the environment, ensuring the reliability of baseload operation of power generation facilities while enabling flexible operation.
Our Flexible Operation solutions equip you to nimbly meet the changing demands of the market – such as new support requirements, less predictable fuel characteristics and renewable energy penetration – and also lead to new revenue streams in ancillary service markets.
Roadmap Towards the Autonomous Power Plant
Intelligent solutions are provided through various technology layers, from remote monitoring to autonomous operation.
TOMONI provides solutions by providing applications, packaging digital applications and engineering, or even developing new applications together with customers.
- August 3, 2021
- September 25, 2020
- April 2, 2020
- March 25, 2020
- March 2, 2020
- October 24, 2019
- August 21, 2019
- July 8, 2019
- June 19, 2019
- April 9, 2019
- January 29, 2019
- January 21, 2019
- December 10, 2018
- November 13, 2018
- August 21, 2018
- June 11, 2018
- December 12, 2017
- April 24, 2017
- March 9, 2017
- January 10, 2017
- December 20, 2016
- December 16, 2016
- December 15, 2016
- September 16, 2016
*TOMONI is a trademark of Mitsubishi Power, Ltd.
The service name for Chinese market is TOMONICHN.