Medina-Yanbu Power Plant and Desalination Plant, Phase 2 in Saudi Arabia
Background to Introduction and Challenges Faced
After more than two decades of operation, boiler control equipment, turbine control equipment and control equipment for auxiliary facilities such as seawater desalination was upgraded to the state-of-the-art DIASYS Netmation system. To upgrade the control equipment without impeding the supply of highly-demanded water and electricity as much as possible, carrying out sequential work where one unit was upgraded over a short period while the other four units continued to operate was an absolute requirement for the project.
Effects of Introduction
Work on each unit to around three months, work on all units including upgrades to shared facilities was completed on schedule in just 17 months and handed over to the customer. The ability to take on the project in its entirety, from the design and manufacturing of control equipment that matched the requirements of existing equipment to on-site work, adjustments and trial operation, came down not only to our expertise in boiler and turbine control, but also our unique strength as a manufacturer familiar with plants.
- BLCP Power - Map Ta Phut Power Station in Thailand
- Geothermal Power Plant A
- Gas Engine Power Plant for Domestic Plant
- Medina-Yanbu Power Plant and Desalination Plant, Phase 2 in Saudi Arabia
- Domestic Beverage Plant - Filling Line Monitoring System
- Domestic Plant - Energy Management System for Engine Production Equipment
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Takasago Technical Institute - Monitoring and Control System for Sodium Test Facility
- Office Building - Monitoring System for Power Receiving and Transforming Facilities
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Kobe Shipyard - Central Monitoring System for Design and Development Center Building
- Air Quality Control Systems (AQCS)