Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Takasago Technical Institute - Monitoring and Control System for Sodium Test Facility
Background to Introduction and Challenges Faced
As part of improvements to a large-scale test facility carried out to enhance the development of nuclear power-related equipment, the customer required a reliable and sophisticated control system, and after evaluating DIASYS Netmation, which is designed for power plants, adopted the system.
Effects of Introduction
While the facility is difficult to start-up and shutdown and is designed for continual operation, during test operation following equipment upgrades, we managed to adjust various parameters and easily modify the control logic, allowing the facility to resume operation on schedule. The upgraded control system also resulted in space savings in the monitoring room.
Monitoring and Operational Features
On-site testing equipment and utility facilities are collectively operated and monitored.
The operational status and control status of testing equipment is displayed in real-time based on signals read from each piece of equipment, allowing testing to proceed smoothly.
When an equipment malfunction occurs, a real-time alarm is displayed on the monitoring screen, supporting early discovery of abnormalities. A per-device history of alarm triggering and restoration can also be displayed.
Product manufacturing status, equipment operational status and fault signals can be managed through a trend display.
Real-time trends covering periods of up to 24 hours and historical trends for up to 30 days are displayed.
Management Support Features
With daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports, forms are managed in the format best suited to the customer.
A file containing a list of warning items generated on a monthly basis can also be created.
- BLCP Power - Map Ta Phut Power Station in Thailand
- Geothermal Power Plant A
- Gas Engine Power Plant for Domestic Plant
- Medina-Yanbu Power Plant and Desalination Plant, Phase 2 in Saudi Arabia
- Domestic Beverage Plant - Filling Line Monitoring System
- Domestic Plant - Energy Management System for Engine Production Equipment
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Takasago Technical Institute - Monitoring and Control System for Sodium Test Facility
- Office Building - Monitoring System for Power Receiving and Transforming Facilities
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Kobe Shipyard - Central Monitoring System for Design and Development Center Building
- Air Quality Control Systems (AQCS)